We know we're not supposed to care about awards here at W+K, but we do love it when the people who worked so hard to help us bring moonwalking ponies to life and tell seamless stories of engineering wizardry get a shiny, arrow-shaped high five for their crafty brilliance.
Last night at the BTAAs (aka British Arrows Craft Awards), a few of the aforementioned arrows had our mucky W+K fingerprints of them.
[our producer James with Nexus legend Tracey Cooper, with quite possibly the shiniest award ever for Honda 'Hands']
Here's the rundown:
- Best Animation - Gold - Nexus for Honda 'Hands'
- Best Cinematography - Gold – John Mathieson for Lurpak 'Weave Your Magic'
- Best CGI Gold + Best VFX - Gold – Jame Mengers + Carsten Keller at MPC for Three 'The Pony'
- Best Recorded Music - Gold – Jack Sedgwick at Wave for Three 'The Pony'
- Best Editing - Silver - Art Jones for Lurpak 'Weave Your Magic'
- Best Sound Design - Silver - Anthony Moore at Factory for Honda 'Hands'
Our pals in Gotham, W+K NYC, bagged the following:
- Best Crafted Commercial - Biscuit for SoCo 'Whatever's Comfortable / Beach'
- Best Director - Silver – Tim Godsall for SoCo 'Whatever's Comfortable / Beach'
- Best Casting - Gold - Maya Kvetny for SoCo 'Whatever's Comfortable / Beach'
Big thank you to all the exceptionally talented people who lent their souls skills to making some truly brilliant work. And as the saying goes, 'when it rains, it pours' - it turns out Honda 'Hands' also won an Epica award for Best Animation yesterday. Lovely.