Are you a culturally connected digital native with a passion for creativity and experience in PR and/or media? Can you help W+K become one of the world’s most admired creative businesses? Are you interested in a new job? Then read on!
We are an independent, creatively driven advertising agency that creates strong and provocative relationships between good companies and their customers. The London office was founded in 1998 and we now have a team of over 200 smart, lovely, hard-working people.
Our founding goal was to do the best work of our lives for inspiring clients. We’ve tried to stay true to that aspiration ever since. Our core skill is advertising but these days that can encompass everything from building mobile apps to curating social media content.
We’re probably best known for our work on Nike, with whom we have worked for over 30 years. Other clients include Action For Children, Finish, Honda, Lurpak, Nurofen, Ovo, Rovio, Samsung, Southern Comfort, Three, Trident and Tyrrells.
As PR manager for Wieden+Kennedy London you will be responsible for promoting us and our work, securing external media coverage, managing our own media channels, assisting our clients with campaign PR, organizing events, developing PR strategies and plans, connecting us to culture, clients and partners
+ Keeping W+K London’s own channels up to date with news and views
+ Keeping W+K London profiles across other media platforms up to date
+ Being main point of contact for all media enquiries and press relations
+ Managing content for agency’s ‘shop window’ on Hanbury Street
+ Liaising and co-ordinating with W+K Global PR team
+ Identifying which campaigns should be promoted and to which extent
+ Writing media releases and preparing release packs
+ Advising teams on additional assets – behind the scenes images etc
+ Finding additional angles for types of media beyond trade press
+ Campaign launch / amplification, monitoring coverage
+ Being main point of contact for production partners on outreach plans
+ Working with creatives and account teams during campaign development, giving guidance on PR potential of ideas and generating proactive ideas for PR activations as part of campaign
+ Assisting clients with management of PR around marketing initaitives
+ Helping to ensure that we are connected to the latest thinkers, makers and influencers in culture, locally and further afield.
+ Identifying potential partners and collaborators for agency projects
+ Providing information and inspiration for agency projects
+ Seeking opportunities for W+K presence at events, conferences and awards juries and approaching organisers, suggesting appropriate W+K London person, topics and partners
+ Helping W+K speakers shape content of talks and gather assets
+ Ensuring events are covered in agency channels
+ Managing award win announcements
+ Event attendance
+ Promoting wins on W+K London owned channels
+To be an ambassador and evangelist for all things W+K-related
Experience and qualifications
- Good knowledge and understanding of marketing, advertising, media, popular culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent understanding of new platforms, social media and emerging trends in tech and society
- At least two years’ experience in media, advertising, journalism, PR or related industry
- Understanding and experience of successfully generating awareness, buzz, impact, debate, enhancing reputation, attracting eyeballs and grabbing attention
- Connections and contacts in the world of media, technology, culture, art, etc would be an advantage.
- Ability to get along with peers and clients in a fast-moving, busy environment
- Affinity for how we do things around here: lack of ego, willingness to do whatever it takes (within prevailing legal and moral norms), high level of attention to detail and pride in doing things well.
- EU citizenship / work permit
Does all the above sound like you?
Send your C.V. with a covering letter explaining why you think this might be the right job for you to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t hear back from us within four weeks of application then your application has been unsuccessful. Sorry. Thanks for applying and best of luck with whatever you do next.